- Public Works
- Adopt-A-Street, Litter Control
Adopt-A-Street, Litter Control
Lakeland has an Adopt-A-Street Program to assist in cleaning up roadside litter.
Help us to put litter in its place to keep clean-up costs (and taxes) down!
To register: download an information packet (PDF).
Please NOTE: All participants in the adopt-a-street program must first view the safety CD before performing any litter collections. Contact City Hall at 901-867-5409 for more information.
About the ADOPT-A-STREET Program
- Volunteers will be asked to conduct cleanups alongside roadways at least four times a year, specifically once during each season.
- After one cleanup by the volunteers, the city will install a sign with the volunteers name proudly displayed along that corridor.
- All roadside litter will be disposed of by the City of Lakeland.
- The City of Lakeland will provide all materials and safety gear necessary for the cleanup program. A staff member will be present during the cleanup.
- Recommended roadway cleanup projects will be about 1/2 mile in length. Both sides of the roadway must be cleaned up.
Tennessee Litter Hotline
You can help keep litter off the roadways by reporting violations to the State.
Please call 877-8-Litter (877-854-8837) for more information.
With the information you provide to us below, we will send a friendly reminder letter to the registered owner of the Tennessee vehicle informing them of the negative consequences of their littering actions and providing them with educational materials. The letter will include information about how to contain their litter and inform them that litterers can be fined up to $1,500.