Lakeland’s continuous planning process provides guidance for a rational response to growth and change. It helps the city to determine where to focus priorities to address the community’s most pressing challenges.
The Planning Department oversees the approval process for several types of zoning, subdivisions, variances, and designs. In conjunction with other city departments, it oversees long-term planning and provides recommendations to various city boards and committees involved with the development process.
- Economic Development Commission ...including links to strategic and marketing plans
- Lakeland Industrial Development Board
...Industrial Development Board’s Tax Increment Financing Program (PDF)
...Tax Increment Financing Information (PDF) (Powerpoint document from TN Comptroller of the Treasury)
- Lakeland’s Comprehensive Plan
- Land Development Regulations (Subdivision Regulations, Zoning Ordinances, etc.)
- Permit Viewer - view active permit locations in Lakeland
- Planning Projects
- Sign Ordinance (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
Commercial Sites available.
Find contact information for the Planning Department by accessing the Staff Directory.
Take a look at the Engineering Department page.