provides curbside collection of Household Waste, Recyclables, and Yard Waste for the City of Lakeland. For collection rules and regulations, please click here.
Includes 1 - 95 gal Trash Cart, 1 - 95 gal Recycle Cart, 1 - 95 gal Yard Waste Cart
To schedule new service, discontinue service, report missed collection, or need cart repair/replacement contact Lakeland City Hall at (901) 867-2717
Collection Route/Schedule Map (PDF)
On the scheduled trash day, ALL containers must be left on the curb by 7 AM.
Household garbage (trash) is defined as anything from waste cans inside your home and bagged trash that can be placed in the garbage cart.
- DO NOT put hot coals or ashes in your cart.
- DO NOT put construction materials, rocks, dirt, or concrete in your cart. It will not be collected.
- DO NOT put car batteries, paint, tires, large auto parts, or dead animals in your container. It will not be collected.
- DO NOT put loose medical sharps in your regular trash cart. Click here for disposal info.
- DO NOT put Household Hazardous Waste in your cart. For information on the Memphis/Shelby Co. Hazardous Household Waste Facility, click here.
- YOU MAY put garbage in the yard waste container or yard waste in the garbage container. It all goes into the same truck at the same time.
- Small appliances may be placed in your 95-gallon container OR left on the curb with regular trash.
- Appliances, furniture, and other bulk items:
- Call City Hall at 901-867-5409 to schedule pickup.
- This is a FREE service for 10 cubic yards or less. $25 disposal fee for appliances. For more details click here.
Visit recyclingsimplified.com for recycling details. quick reference guide brochure
Acceptable yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, and small branches. Any limbs or branches placed in the cart must be cut so that the lid can close. Team Waste will also pick up unlimited bags of leaves (35 lbs. and under). Large limbs which will not fit in the cart will be collected by the City's Bulk Waste Service. For information on Bulk Waste click here.
Free removal of up to 10 boxes, if broken down.
All contractor and builder waste must be removed by the contractor.