Twitter Facebook
Site Tools
Go To Search
Click to Home
City Permits
Permits are required for new home construction and additions, demolition, detached garages, pools, storage buildings, ponds, tree removal (for all trees 10” in diameter or greater), fences, land disturbancesignage, and many other “improvement/development activities."

For a list of regulated activities and associated fees, click here.

Contact City Hall at 901-867-2717, for any questions or additional information.

Lakeland City Hall is located at 10001 U.S. Highway 70, Lakeland, TN 38002.
Open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Permit Viewer - click here to access Lakeland's online permit viewer to browse current permit locations.

Accessory Structure Permits

Below are accessory structure permit applications. Take completed forms to City Hall along with the site plan. For swimming pools, detached garages, additions, etc., a Shelby County permit is required in addition
to Lakeland's permit requirements. Applications are available at City Hall and must receive an authorization stamp from the City of Lakeland prior to filing with Shelby County.

In Lakeland, Shelby County Construction Codes handles all development requiring construction code permits and inspections in Lakeland. Click 
here to determine the adopted code that relates to your project.

...Go back to main
Neighborhood Services page.

Planning Department, here.

Land Disturbance Permit Form

Planned Development Application Form

Retaining Wall Permit Form

Sign Permit Application

Site Plan Application Form

Subdivision Application Form

Amendment to Zoning Map or Zoning Ordinance Form

Engineering Department, here.